Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you (only an hour out of Birmingham) the Malvern Hills…
I also took my new camera lens out for a test drive, one which has a crazzzzyyyy good zoom. Cue trying to focus on random things in the distance.
Apart from the initial 20 minutes, where I realised my legs have not done any hill walking for a while (!!) it takes about an hour to get up and down one of the hills!
The great things about this walk are:
- You can reach the hills via public transport, Great Malvern train station (train direct from Birmingham New street) only takes an hour and it’s 5 minutes from the bottom of the hill. Plus, it only costs roughly £7 return!
- There are a load of country pubs in Malvern that can inspire you to keep walking 😉
- The walk can be as short or long as you like, depending on how many ‘peaks’ you want to reach. We did three (two and a half) and that was awesome.
- The paths are pretty well defined so you don’t feel like you would ever get lost!
- Views, views and more views.